I have read some fun, and often times interesting, blog posts on Favorite Writing Supplies or What Am I Using Now, or other related ideas. I thought I would do a similar post of my own. I think it's a little picture into a writer's world. Anyone who knows me realizes rather quickly that I like the color Blue, and I like anything that Sparkles. Both seem to be rather prominent in the items I keep together in my writing bag.
My favorite writing supplies:
1. The Butterfly Bag I recently purchased for safe storage of everything…more importantly though, it has a butterfly on it, and a blue butterfly at that. Perfect!
2. The dark blue cover is my Kindle Fire HD. While normally I would have it covered with butterflies as well, the Kindle is actually shared with my Mr Awesome, who I am fairly certain would not want to walk around carrying something covered with butterflies and/or glitter.
3. The spiral silver glitter notebook that he bought me at the local Wal-Mart. It's like the cover is made of glitter. I think I possibly hopped up and down and clapped my hands in excitement when I saw it.
4. The sparkly blue notebook (which is so cool…it's blue AND sparkly) that my oldest son and I found at a local Rite-Aid.
5. The sparkly blue pen that I received as a Christmas gift (It was the best Christmas present ever!) It's like a special pen. I can only write special things with it, but…how do I determine what is special and what is not special? It's a conundrum. XD
6. White-out pen. Yes, I actually use this quite a bit. I blame my OCD for needing to keep pages as neat as possible.
7. A yellow highlighter (one would think I would prefer a blue highlighter, but no, the traditional yellow highlighter makes me happy.)
8. The only pens I like to write with, and I almost always have one with me, are the RSVP pens. I prefer the blue, but I try to keep a blue and red one with me. I had a high school creative writing and mythology teacher that tortured us with her red pen. I swear she could take your paper and turn it completely red with all of her corrections. And now for some odd reason, when I am proofing, I like to use a red pen.
9. Six Months to Live book by Lurlene McDaniel, the book that truly inspired me.
10. Laminated Pictures that I use for bookmarks. I have one of my published books, and I have a family photo from this past winter that includes everyone but the grumpy-old-man-cat.
11. Green spearmints (my favorite)/chocolate mini eggs.
12. The tiny pink sparkly notebook that is my most recent addition to my little writing kit. I'm not sure yet what it's purpose will be, but it was sparkly and it was little. It had to be mine. XDD
Until next week,